top of page

Car crashes onto McCarthy Center sidewalk

By Julia Sarcinelli

On Friday, April 7, at approximately 12:31 a.m., a car traveling down State Street turned and went over the curb at the McCarthy Center and hit the brick wall, according to an FSUPD report.

Officer Jordan Kemp responded to the scene when Security Officer Carl Bergstrom radioed to dispatch about a possible motor vehicle accident, according to the report.

The driver, who was a non-student, according to the report, came out of the McCarthy Center when Officer Kemp responded to the scene. The female had “visible red marks on her chest,” but did not say she had any physical problems and refused medical transport.

According to the report, the female said she was alone and was traveling home. She said she was going down State Street from Maple Street and turned left into the walkway of the McCarthy Center, colliding with the wall.

After reviewing security footage, the report stated it appeared she was traveling down State Street toward Maple Street when she turned right onto the walkway.

Freshman Michele Dejesus and non-student Jeffrey Coss said they were driving by shortly after the accident.

“We saw that the car was crashed there, and we thought it was really weird. I jumped out of the car,” said Coss, who checked to see if the driver was OK.

He added she seemed “a little bit disoriented.”

Shortly after the crash, Framingham firefighters and an ambulance arrived on the scene.

The FSUPD officers and the Framingham firefighters looked around the car. It did not seem to have any serious damage but both front seat airbags were deployed and after the crash the horn was going off continuously.

Groups of students who heard the car horn came to the scene.

Junior Cody Lucido said he saw the crash from his room in Horace Mann.

“I heard a car’s horn go off for a bit, but I thought it was just people being loud on a Thursday night,” he said. “But it didn’t stop, so I looked out the window and saw a car up on the sidewalk next to the McCarthy sign.”

A tow truck from Henry’s arrived around 12:50 a.m. and towed the car away around 1:30 a.m. The firefighters helped the towing company’s employee push the car to the truck bed.

1 view


Commenting has been turned off.
  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
bottom of page