SGA allocates over $3,000 to Christian Fellowship
By Mark Wadland
The Student Government Association allocated $3,022.50 to Christian Fellowship for an event at the Ecumenical Center on Dec. 4.
The money will be spent in various ways including $50 for food, $1,400 for The Chris Allen Band, $220 for 500 pins to promote the event and $1,352.50 for 250 T-shirts.
Christian Fellowship will be hosting a concert and fundraiser for Amirah of Boston, an organization that assists people trying to escape sex trafficking around the Boston area.
SGA also reconsidered and approved a motion from Oct. 21 made by the Equestrian Club for $404 for their travel and conference trip.
SGA approved the constitution of The Loudest Minds Club.
SGA voted for Senator of the Month, and declared all of the candidates – Riley Fallon, Carl Brian and Patrick O’Connor – Senators of the Month, following a three-way tie.
Social Events Coordinator Sarah Cowdell was chosen as eBoard member of October because of her work putting together the Week of Kindness.
In other news:
• There are four candidates for Chief Diversity Inclusion Officer. All of their resumes can be found on FSU’s website.
• The President’s Council will be meeting on Monday, Nov. 17 at 1:30 p.m. in the Alumni Room.
• The Week of Kindness will take place throughout next week.
• Miss FSU will be held in DPAC on Monday, Nov. 17.
• FSU will open its 175-year old time capsule in the MC Forum from 4:30-6:00 p.m.