top of page

Men’s Soccer shuts out Fisher College

By Matt Ferris

On Saturday, Sept. 15, Framingham traveled to Westfield to take on the Owls in a MASCAC game.

In the 15th minute, the Owls jumped out to an early lead. Josh Baillargeon received a pass from Liam Kelly and ripped it past the Rams’ goalkeeper to make it 1-0.

The Owls continued to put pressure on the Rams’ defense for the rest of the half, but were unable to convert on any of their chances, sending the game into the half at 1-0.

West;eld’s Tyler Diotalevi was given a red card, forcing the Owls to play the rest of the game a man down.

In the 62nd minute, the Rams finally capitalized on the man advantage and tied up the game at 1. Isaac De Souza scored the equalizer, ripping a shot past the diving keeper.

Neither team scored again in regulation, sending the game to extra time.

The Rams had their best scoring opportunity of the overtime period in the 94th minute. Akeem Bucknor sent a cross into the box that Ken Stahovish was able to get his foot on, but he sent it wide of the net to keep things knotted at 1.

In the 98th minute, the Owls also had a very good look at net to take the lead. Jason Haji sent the ball into the box to Sinha Kunphel. Kunphel ripped a shot on net, but Corey Davidge made a diving save for the Rams to keep the score tied at 1.

The rest of the overtime period was scoreless, and the match ended in a 1-1 draw.

Davidge made five saves in net for Framingham, and De Souza led the Rams with five shots.

Framingham outshot the Owls 23-21, but had a significant advantage in shots on net at 14-6.

With the tie, Framingham moves to 3-2-1 on the season.

On Monday, Sept. 17, the Rams hosted Fisher College in a nonconference match.

Framingham got off to a quick start, scoring in the 12th minute of the match to make it 1-0. Jared Nardizzi scored the goal for the Rams, blasting one into the net off a feed from De Souza.

In the 30th minute, Fisher was awarded a penalty kick. Davidge made the save on the penalty kick, but gave up a rebound. Fisher secured the rebound and fired a shot on net, but Davidge made another save to keep the score at 1-0.

The rest of the half was scoreless, sending the game into the break at 1-0.

In the 68th minute, the Rams extended their lead to 2-0. This time, it was Bryce Nardizzi with the goal. He received a pass from Stahovish and sent it to the back of the net.

Fisher would get a few more scoring chances, but nothing came of them.

Framingham closed out the game and earned a 2-0 victory.

Davidge made five saves for the Rams. Stahovish led the Rams in shots with six.

Framingham outshot Fisher 23-7 in the game.

The win improved the Rams to 4-2-1 on the season.

Framingham traveled to Curry College on Wednesday, Sept. 19, to take on the Colonels in a

nonconference match.

Both teams had few scoring chances in the first half and neither team capitalized.

The game reached halftime with the score tied at 0.

After the eventless first half, Curry ;nally broke through in the 55th minute.

Brandon Rinaldi sent a pass to Nico Sabbatini, who ripped a shot past Davidge to give Curry a 1-0 lead.

Framingham was unable to get a goal the rest of the way, sealing a 1-0 victory for Curry.

Despite being beat, the Rams outshot Curry 25-14. The Rams also won the corner kick battle 8-2.

Bryce Nardizzi led the Rams in shots with eight. Davidge finished with four saves for Framingham.

With the loss, the Rams drop to 4-3-1 on the season.



  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
bottom of page