top of page

Men’s soccer slides by MIT on the back of De Souza

By Matt Ferris

After jumping out to a 2-1 start to begin the season, the Rams hosted MIT on Sept. 9 in a nonconference match.

The first half of the match was very quiet, as neither team could get on the scoreboard.

Both teams had multiple opportunities to get a goal, but neither took advantage of their chances.

The second half began just like the first, with both teams gathering scoring chances but nobody finishing off a goal.

Around the 73rd minute, the Rams had their best chance to break the tie. Akeem Bucknor ripped a shot that went just wide of an open net to keep the game scoreless.

Just three minutes later, in the 76th, Isaac De Souza finally broke the tie, scoring the Rams’ first goal of the game.

Ibrahim Kyeyune chipped a pass over an MIT defender that De Souza collected and fired past the goalie for the 1-0 lead.

The Rams would hold onto the lead and grab a 1-0 victory over MIT.

Framingham was outshot in the game 28-12, but of MIT’s 28 shots, only four of them were on net.

Corey Davidge started in goal for the Rams and made four saves on the day to earn the shutout.

Bucknor and Bryce Nardizzi led the Rams in shots with three each.

With the win, the Rams move to 3-1 on the season.

On Sept. 12, the Rams traveled to Clark University to take on the Cougars in a nonconference match.

Clark got off to a fast start, scoring a goal in just the eighth minute of play. Sean Munroe converted a penalty kick to give the Cougars a 1-0 lead.

Just six minutes later, in the 14th minute, Clark struck again when Connor Ross gathered a cross and fired it into the net for a 2-0 lead.

Clark scored one more time in the first half to take a 3-0 lead into the break. This time, it was Derek Jones who ripped a shot into the back of the net.

In the 55th minute, Ross scored his second goal of the game to make it 4-0. Ross gathered a rebound and put it in the net.

The Rams cut into their deficit just two minutes later. Kyeyune picked up a rebound off a Nardizzi shot and fired it into the net to make it 4-1.

Just a minute later, the Cougars got the goal right back. Munroe scored his second goal of the game to make it 5-1.

Clark converted once more on the day to make it 6-1, the eventual @nal score.

The final goal came in the 63rd minute, when Jonathan Guilherme was awarded a penalty kick. He converted the kick in the top left corner.

John Davidge started in net for the Rams. He made three saves on the day.

Nardizzi led the Rams in shots with three for the game.

In the loss, Framingham was outshot 20-9 and lost the corner kick battle 5-2.

The loss drops the Rams to 3-2 on the season.



  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
bottom of page