top of page

Women’s Soccer wins two of last three games

By Camille McKenzie

Last Thursday, the Framingham State women’s soccer team traveled to Brookline to take on the Newbury College Nighthawks.

Just over 11 minutes into the game, Ana Barretto scored the team’s first goal of the season off a cross from Kaelen Larocque.

Thirty seven minutes in, Barretto got her second goal of the game, finishing an air ball pass from Kayla Alstrom with a header that the Nighthawks could not defend. Within the next four minutes, Shelly Nardi finished a cross from Larocque.

Barretto’s third goal to complete her hat trick was scored with four minutes left in the half. The Rams finished the first half controlling the Nighthawks 4-0. Almost half way through the second half, Larocque scored off of Alstrom’s assist. With just about five minutes left to go in the game, Alstrom got a goal for herself with the help of Nardi.

The Rams finished their first win 6-0. This improved their record to 1-3. Framingham put pressure on the Newbury goalie finishing with 38 shots on goal. Noelle Sass had high intensity the entire game making 32 saves for the Nighthawks. Newbury only managed one shot on net. Kirsten Hansen had an easy game in goal. Saturday the Rams traveled to Westfield State to take on their first competitor in the MASCAC.

In Framingham’s first league game, they were shut out by goals and by shots on goal. Twelve minutes into the game, Marissa McGue volleyed a long ball sent to her by Lydia Kinsman, scoring the first goal of the game. Less than a minute later, Michaela St. Cyr followed McGue’s lead by finishing Bella Eduardo’s cross with a volley.

Almost 23 minutes in, St. Cyr scored her second goal of the day. Rene Hamel fed a long ball to the left side of the penalty area. St. Cyr beat Framingham’s defender for the ball and finished it for the third goal of the first half.

The Rams trailed the Owls 3-0 going into the second half. Fifty eight minutes into play, Eduardo added another goal for the Owls off of a free kick from 20 yards out. Framingham State lost their first league game 4-0. Hansen received more action in goal and ended the game with 11 saves.

This moved the Ram’s record to 1-4 and 0-1 in the MASCAC.


Wednesday the Rams hosted the Rhode Island College Anchormen.

Just about 30 minutes into the first half, Framingham State’s Larocque intercepted a clear. This led to an unassisted goal for Larocque to start off the Ram’s scoring. Ten minutes later, the Anchormen answered with a goal. Stephanie Ricci beat the Ram’s defense for a ball and finished it in the back of the net to tie to the game.

With four minutes left in the half, Larocque put the Rams ahead with her second goal of the game. Caitlyn Our fed the ball to Larocque, who put it past the goalie with a one-time shot. At the end of the first half, the Rams led the Anchormen 2-1.

The Ram’s protected the net throughout the second half.

With two minutes left in the game, the Anchormen challenged the Rams. Brittany Degrooth made a tough shot that luckily Hansen deflected.

The Ram’s led shooting 25-8 over the Anchormen. This game bumped up Framingham’s record to 2-4.



Die Kommentarfunktion wurde abgeschaltet.
  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
bottom of page